Omega-3 Product of the Year
- 100% Sustainable Scandinavian Rainbow Trout Oil Liquid and Capsules – Viridian Nuttrition
- Clearly EPA/DHA – Life Extension Europe
- Heart Boost – Vital20 bv
- Huile de krill Excellium – Laboratoires Yves Ponroy / Aker BioMarine Antartic – WINNER
Consumer demand for, and knowledge of, omega-3s has risen spectacularly in recent years – leading to a raft of innovation and new product launches or omega-3 containing products. This award looks to reward the brightest and best branded or own-label supplements, foods and beverages containing omega-3 as a core ingredient.
Our judging panel will base their decision on the following criteria:
- Brand recognition and the commercial success of your product, including evidence of strong retail and consumer interest or listings of your product.
- Consumer demand and interest in your format, delivery system, and/or matrix – including how innovative any delivery system is.
- Whether your product meets a consumer demand, and how relevant the comega-3 ingredient is in meeting this demand
- Packaging ease of use and design, including appeal and ease of use, novelty
- Evidence that the product works for its specified use, where possible this will be product specific research, however research citing the main active ingredients solely will also be considered.
- Evidence of that your product and its delivery system(s) has no, or beneficial, impact on bioavailability (especially if citing single ingredient data).
- What gives your product the ‘X factor’ – something that makes it stand out from the crowd and edge out the competition (including evidence to back up claims)
To view the requirements for this category click here
HOW TO ENTER:
Entries are now closed for the NutraIngredients Awards 2018.
Finalists will be announced end of March 2018 and winners celebrated on May 16th in Geneva.
- Once all entries have been received they will be reviewed by the NutraIngredients Awards Judging Panel made up of independent judges from the industry.
- The three finalists will be confirmed and notified in March, 2018.
- The three finalists will be invited to give a 10 minute presentation on their entry for the final stage of judging on the morning of the awards dinner, Wednesday 16th May 2018 at the Starling Hotel in Geneva, Switzerland.
- The winner will be announced later on that evening at the awards dinner.
Each finalist will receive one complimentary ticket to the awards dinner. Additional tickets can be purchased here