Ingredient of the Year: Weight Management
The international obesity problem is getting worse, and the incidence of overweight and obesity in Europe and the rest of the world shows no signs of slowing. Yet there is promise for weight management solutions in nutrition. Our Ingredient of the Year category is hunting for the best in tailored solutions and clinically proven ingredients for weight loss success. From the latest satiety boosting ingredients to compounds that help people naturally shed weight, this award is open to ingredients specifically designed to meet the challenges of weight loss and maintenance.
Judges will look at how your ingredient meets specific needs and will base their scores on your evidence to demonstrate:
- A genuine consumer demand or requirement based upon a common weight management issue, risk factor or weight loss mechanism
- Solid scientific evidence to demonstrate a unique nutritional solution to this need or problem – including peer reviewed data to back up any weight loss or other health claims made
- A good range of examples of applications / delivery systems for use final products
- Commercial success and engagement from your core target market(s). Give numbers and examples of sales and applications that are available in the market
- What gives your ingredient the ‘X factor’ – something that makes it stand out from the crowd and edge out the competition (including evidence to back up claims)
To view the requirements for this category click here
Entries for The NutraIngredient Awards, Ingredient of the Year categories are required to have the ingredient in a finished product that is commercially available in Europe.
HOW TO ENTER:
The cost per entry is £150 +VAT.
Entries for the 2020 NutraIngredients Awards are now closed.
- Once all entries have been received they will be reviewed by the NutraIngredients Awards Judging Panel made up of independent judges from the industry.
- The three finalists will be confirmed and notified in March 2020.
- Each finalist will be required to send a 5 minutes video to the judging panel (details to be communicated at a later stage).
- The winner will be announced during our online awards presentation on Wednesday, 13th May 2020.
Interested in who the 2020 winners are? Register for your reminder for the winners broadcast on Wednesday, 13th May 2020.